Using the book, Integrated Forest Gardening as
the course text, students will work deeply with the supplied materials
to build understanding of forest ecology and the integrated nature of
plant systems. Not only will participants understand, but practice the
application of the knowledge in design exercises and on-line quizzes. Participants will enjoy 1:1 interaction with author/designer Daniel
Halsey through detailed instructional videos, monthly live chats, and
See 17 of new plant-guild case studies not included in book and those created by other classmates.
In this eCourse, you will:
- • Understand the terminology used in plant systems.
- • Recognize the structure of the integrated forest for healthy food.
- • Learn the different ecological functions of plants and their uses.
- • Practice site assessment to align your goals with the characteristics of the land.
- • Design plant guilds with support and advise from Daniel Halsey.
• Use time-tested project management skills/techniques
to create a successful integrated forest gardening homestead or business.
6 week eCOURSE available online
beginning October , 2014
Cost $180 and includes designer access
to the Natural Capital Plant Database ($50 value). Book not included.
Course requirements: access to a computer, internet services, graph paper, pencils, gum eraser, Circle templates, and a place to draw.